Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Wrapping up our Vacation

Here are some last pictures I took while in Washington over Christmas.
Gaven got a Lightning McQueen/Mac Lego set for his birthday and hired his brother to build it for him.  I don't think there had to be much negotiating!


Kamryn had her first donut...


I think she likes it!


Thumbs up from the big boys


"Thumbs up" from Gav


If you saw my Christmas post, you saw that the way we had the boys open one of their gifts (a trip to Legoland) was to hide individual Legos and have them find them to spell out the word LEGOLAND.  They LOVED it and decided to do their own version with Auntie Colee (my sister).  They gave her little clues to help her find her letters.

Auntie Colee
We weren't sure if Bailey was protesting the end of Christmas or if she had just found a spot that the kids couldn't get to her!


What is crazy about this picture is that my mom's cat, Bailey, doesn't so much enjoy the kids being around.  She does okay with the older ones, but she gets her panties in a bunch when they get close to her hissing, meowing and batting at them (she doesn't have front claws, so she can't hurt).  Braeden was sitting on this chair and Bailey jumped up to sit next to him all on her own.  It's the first time she has ever done anything like this.  


Little Missy decided to walk while in Washington.  She was SO proud of herself!  I'm proud of her that she kept up with her brothers, walking at only 9 1/2 months!


...And here is the proof that all good things must come to an end!  We DID eventually have to come back home, and this was my pile of clothes after unpacking the suitcases!
(I have to say, it's still rather refreshing to see some pink and purple in that pile)


Braeden and Carsen have been saving allowance and birthday money for a while to get a couple Star Wars Lego sets that cost an arm and a leg!  They finally had enough, and with the help of Grandma's shopping skills (finding them for great prices), they were able to buy them.  They got them in Washington and had to send them home with Daddy before getting a chance to work on them at all, so it was the first thing on their list of things to do when we got home.


Braeden and his Millennium Falcon


Carsen and his Boba Fett Slave I


After playing with his Lego set in Washington, Gaven wanted to take it apart so that he could build it when we got home.  He still needs a little help!




I got out of the shower to find Gaven "entertaining" Kamryn, who had woken up from her nap.



Time to get those cabinet locks back out!



This one is for GrAuntie Debbie... 

School has started back up, and we are back into the swing of things.  I got an iPad for Christmas and have been a little spoiled at the ease of using it compared to this old dinosaur of a computer... but I will try and continue to keep this thing updated.  Just bare with me if I'm a little slow!

1 comment:

Alan said...

Hooray for making cat friends! And Legos are such a great part of childhood.