Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mini Bathroom Remodel

 We recently did a mini bathroom remodel in our guest bathroom (the kids' bathroom).  It's amazing what a little paint and a frame around the mirror can do!  We plan to do the faucet and light fixture soon, too.


Luckily my husband is pretty crafty... a couple of the mirror frame boards were a little bowed and it was taking longer for the adhesive to dry than expected... and since I didn't want to stand all night and hold the board on, he came up with this:


 I included this last picture because I realized that the first one didn't really show the different in color of the cabinets.  So there you have it.  Our bathroom is next.  The frame is up and it's all sanded and ready to go.  I just have to paint...

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

HOORAY! We actually just did this same thing in our bathroom (still haven't posted pics because I am lame and wanted everything to be perfect, and it's not yet. :) But that aside...
I AM SO glad to see someone else had to jimmy-rig their trim. All the tutorials online had people that said "just put it up, glue it, and let it set with tape. We seriously had a baracade trying to get each section set--some funny pics like yours too. Anyway, my point is, it looks FANTASTIC! Great job!!!

Alan said...

Love it! The frame is really classy and I like the dark look of the cabinets.

~Ali said...

Looks fab!! Next time try a glue that is called "Power grab" for your mirror frame. Liquid nails works, but it can slip, move and needs to be held until it dries...so painful! (I tried that first)Power grab, on the other hand dries instantly. I've done 5 bathrooms with it and it works like a charm.