What else happened in April?
Braeden just recently started taking guitar lessons. He's loving it, but I have to admit, with our busy schedule, we haven't been great about practicing like we should.
My roses have bloomed!
A little bit more baseball and soccer (this was a busy Saturday) ...
Jason carved out some of the bottom of Braeden's car to fit the weights.
Then Braeden re-painted since the first paint job bubbled so bad.
Sometime in the middle of April, my Mom arrived. We were SO excited to have her. She had just recovered from stomach surgery, then had her incision re-opened because of infection and had finally healed up just before coming. SADLY ENOUGH, the day after she got here, the infection flared up again. She ended up getting a softball size abscess that burst while she was in the bathroom. She went through a whole laundry basket of wash clothes and towels cleaning it all up. I offered to throw them in the wash for her and she INSISTED that she would do it... I talked her into letting me do it when I came around the corner with my gloves, completely prepared for the task at hand!!! After all that she's done for me, I figured it was the least I could do!
(I say this with my fingers crossed): They re-opened her incision and I played Dr. for a couple weeks. They leave the incision open and have you pack it with gauze so that it will heal from the inside out. We had to pack the open part each day for the first two weeks she was here. I'm happy to say that she "SEEMS" to be FINALLY on the mend.
More baseball games... This is what Kamryn thinks of that:
WARD SOCIAL
We had our annual ward social at the McKinley's property with a huge BBQ and fireworks to follow. Over 500 people attended this year... it's quite a hit! We look forward to it every year!
They call this the scissor ride:
This is the second time that Grandma has been in TX to go with us to this social!
Jason had been working non-stop for two days, so when he got home just before we left to come, AND he was still on call, he decided to stay home with Kamryn. Here's the whole clan that went:
Climbing:
Ready for fireworks while Grandma freezes her tushy off!
Braeden sat with his friend Ben's family.
Daddy got the new iPad
Braeden's derby car needed some finishing touches
The weather has really warmed up on a regular basis, so we typically have a half-naked baby running around the house!
Still in April, we've had some bedtime stories...
More half-naked baby...
Pinewood Derby
April 24, 2012
The pinewood derby was finally here. We had 2 baseball games at 6pm, then busted over to the derby that started at 7pm.
Braeden's car's first race... not as impressive at he had hoped, 4th place in that heat!
He also received his Bobcat patch
Next heat... same result. We laugh at how I tried to capture the finish and you can barely see the nose of his car.
Next heat... better result... 2nd place.
I didn't have the camera ready, but he actually won a heat, too. I was so proud of all the hard work he put in to his first derby car.
No comments:
Post a Comment