I'm going back to the end of the school year since I haven't been able to post pictures since back then. During the last week of school, they invite the parents to come and see their children receive their end of the year awards. Gaven, Kamryn and I went first to Braeden's 3rd Grade Awards.
I'm always very proud of the kids and the hard work that they put in each school year.
We went back later that afternoon to see Carsen get his awards.
Carsen LOVED his teacher this year. It was great to see the strides he made this year in reading and all other areas.
The night before the last day of school, I had plans to get up with the boys and take a couple pictures of them before they left for school. That morning, Jason leaned over and tapped me in bed and asked, "Are the boys getting on the bus?" I said, "No, I want to take some pictures of them before they go, I will drive them (like we've done for the last month and a half!)." Jason's response was, "Well, they just went out the garage door with their backpacks on!" So I jumped out of bed at 6:45 and flagged them halfway down the driveway. I told them to come back because I wanted to take some pictures before they left. They protested, saying that they wanted to ride the bus. How could I argue that... it was the last day of school and the more I thought, the more I realized that I could just get pictures AFTER school and it wouldn't matter, so I let them go.
When I got back in the house, I realized that I hadn't checked what they were wearing, if they brushed their teeth or their hair, or if they even had on clean underwear... oh well!! I think the funniest thing is that they were just going to go out the door and get on the bus without even telling us or waking us up to let us know they were leaving. How embarrassing would it have been to have to call the school and ask them if my kids were there! It turns out that the REAL reason they wanted to ride the bus was because they heard that the school was serving cinnamon rolls for breakfast on the last day!
Long story short, we got our picture AFTER school.
One thing I like to do is measure the boys at the beginning of the year and at the end of the year to see how much they've grown.
Carsen grew 2 1/4 inches
Braeden grew 2 1/8 inches
Another year has come and gone!
No comments:
Post a Comment