Sunday, June 10, 2012
Bring it on!!
I would ordinarily be posting pictures from the last day of school and how much the kids have grown and all the happenings of the last few weeks, however, our desktop is having major issues right now. We have some things that we need to figure out and hopefully I will be up and running again in the near future.
Until then, i just have a few thoughts... Baseball has been in full swing for the past 4 months. For most, the regular season is winding down... Final games are being played and parents and families are looking forward to claiming their life back! I have talked with numerous parents, who's kids' seasons are ending who feel such a sense of relief. I started wondering if there was something wrong with me. The last two to three weeks of the regular season we have only had 3 games (they leave gaps in the schedule to allow for make-up games due to games being rained out.) I started feeling like I was having withdrawals. Then I thought, well, maybe I'm just excited because both the boys' teams are in first place in their division and headed to the post-season. Those other parents are just ready to be done because they don't have the post-season to look forward to. Then I was talking to some parents whose kids' teams ARE going on and they are just ready for the season to be over, too.
I, on the other hand, can't wait for games to kick in to full swing again. Braeden's team plays tomorrow night for a chance to clinch first place... Then we have another week until we play Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I can't wait... I love being at the ball park, watching my boys. The only explanation I have is that, in my mind, there is nothing more satisfying than watching your children do something they love, and something they have worked hard for! Even though they are only 8 1/2 and 6 1/2, they take baseball pretty seriously! I know I wouldn't enjoy it as much if they weren't enjoying it as much as they are!
So bring on the baseball... bring on the ballpark 6 nights a week... bring on the sunflower seeds and 100 degree weather... Here's to hoping we are still playing baseball at the end of July! Go Indians... Go Lookouts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're such an awesome mom! I'm guilty of also being glad to have our "lives back" so to speak. But yet, there is a meloncholy part that feels the emptiness of not rushing out to practice or games 6 days a week! kinda weird! But there is nothing better than watching your kids play baseball! It's such a fun sport! ;)
Post a Comment