Thursday, August 23, 2012

There was Baseball... and a Birthday Party Broke Out!

If Carsen could pick two things for his birthday, they would be baseball and pizza... so that's what we did.  He invited some of his closest friends (all who happen to play baseball), told them to bring their swimsuits and their gloves and let the games begin.
 
They all swam for a while until Dad got home with the pizza.  While eating, Gaven found himself a cricket and thought it was funny to pretend he was going to let it eat everyone's food.
 
 

 
Pizza, watermelon and lemonade... boy these boys are easy to please!
 
 
Then the kids broke out the gloves.  I love getting pictures of them being so serious.  Carsen was the catcher and they took turns pitching to him while he called balls and strikes.
 






 
Love the face!
 
 
...and the tongue!
 

 
Left to right: Carsen, Gaven, Colby, Kadyn, Mason, Jamaar and Mason
 
 
Party favors (I can't help but hum "Take Me Out to the Ball Game")
 
 
Present time:
 



 
Carsen has been excited for his 7th Birthday ever since Braeden got a DSi for HIS!  He didn't know for sure that he was getting one this year, so he was pretty excited when he pulled it out of the package!
 
 
Thanks to a consignment site I'm a regular on... I found him this great case and a few games to go with it at a GREAT price.  I think the thing I LOVE the most is that Carsen didn't even realize or ask about them not being new.  I'm not sure if he didn't even realize they were used, or if he didn't care... either way, I love that it didn't matter to him!
 

 
Breaking it in... notice his necklace, too.  Apparently these are the hit thing with boys around here... they're some sort of Phitan Titanium (don't know what that even means).  Carsen has wanted one for probably a year now, so when he got one from his buddy for his birthday, he put it on, and I'm not even sure it's come off yet.
 
 
We DID have cake and ice cream, but we got so caught up playing baseball that we almost forgot and the poor kids had to practically shove it down their throats as they were heading out the door, so I didn't get any pictures!
 
Happy Birthday, Carsen... I still can't believe that you are 7!  You are one of a kind... we LOVE you very much, Doodle!
 
Carsen's best friend Colby (who literally lives across the street from us) has been out of town for the past month and a half.  They got together the other day and played for hours!  I love these two little guys... I was cleaning the kitchen and all I could hear were giggles from the other room, so I grabbed the camera to catch a picture!
 
 
I tried to get a few pictures the other day of Kammy all dressed up and ready for church... she wouldn't really smile very big for me.  Especially once she headed over to the swing and wanted to get in!
 


 
I love this little girl!
 

No comments: