Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Anxious

To say that there were a few people at our house that were anxious to have their baby sister back would be an understatement.  She came home last Tuesday night with Auntie Colee and Uncle Erik.  I took Gaven and Carsen to the airport and Braeden stayed home with Jason to go to his guitar lesson. It took quite the convincing to get him to stay home because there was nothing that he wanted more than to go see his sister RIGHT when she got in!

Poor Auntie Colee and Uncle Erik got slighted because usually the boys would be so super excited for them to come, and even though they really WERE excited to see them, it was quite overshadowed by the excitement to see Kamryn again!

Hanging out and killing time until their plane landed.

 
 


Waiting as patiently as possible.

She came around the corner with Auntie Colee and I got a picture right as she spotted us.
 

Here's a closer look at the other picture:






We dropped Auntie Colee and Uncle Erik off at their hotel in Austin so they could stay the night and explore.  The four of us headed home to see Daddy and Braeden.

I think they were excited to see her!  What do you think?






They weren't the only ones!
 

On Wednesday, Kamryn and I went down to Austin to meet up with Auntie Colee and Uncle Erik and we stopped at the Salt Lick on the way home for their first taste of Texas BBQ!



Mmmmmmmmm...

These are only the pictures I took with MY camera... Erik took way more pictures than I did, so I will have to put some of those up on another post.

We bought Kamryn a bouncy house to be able to use at her birthday party coming up next weekend, but figured why wait until then, we might as well start enjoying it now.  Besides, she's not going to know that it's a birthday present, so it doesn't matter.

Here she is, watching it blow up for the first time:



She was very unsure at first.





But, it didn't take long for her to get in on the action!

 

 Her brothers helped out a little, too!

You might notice that Kamryn is wearing underwear in these pictures!  On top of taking my daughter for 2 weeks to help me out, my parents potty-trained her, too! Did I mention that they are the best!


 


Time out to swing with Auntie Colee


Nicole has a good fried pickle recipe and our kids LOVE fried pickles, so we cooked up a batch or two!

I loved turning around to see that Colee's almost 7 month pregnant belly was "helping!"




They MAY look like chicken nuggets, but I promise that they are pickles!

Hot ones at that!  I happened to snap a picture right as Braeden was taste testing one that was too hot!  Love his face!


And now for the Apple commercial:





 Awwwwww!!!

Saturday morning, we went to Carsen's basketball game.  It was a gorgeous day, so when we came home, we spent some time outside.

Carsen, showing Auntie Colee the scrape he got on his knee.


Uncle Erik was quite the picture taker!  He got some great pictures from their trip and I will have to make that a separate post!

Taking a break...

...and just being a little girl!

We were sad to see them go, but grateful that they chose to come see us!!




No comments: