Friday, February 15, 2013

Pre-Christmas

We had new wood laminate floors put in just after Thanksgiving, so we had to wait a little longer than we normally do to get our Christmas decorations up.






The boys were great, as always, with Kamryn, helping her put "her" ornaments on the tree!

We keep a note in with the star to remind us who's turn it is to put it on.  This year, it was Carsen.


All done


A week later, Gaven performed at his school PTA night, along with the rest of the pre-k.


Braeden was chosen as a member of the 4th/5th grade honor choir at school.  They performed the same night.



A few nights later, we had our church Christmas party.  I hadn't taken any pictures for our Christmas cards, and since the kids were looking the most "festive" that they would be looking, I plopped them in front of the tree and got a couple shots.

These are my favorite, when they stop focusing on the fact that you are taking pictures, and start interacting with each other.

 Doug Hammel did the BEST rendition of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" that I have EVER heard (no joke!) and then the kiddos sang for us.



After some other performances, it was time to see Santa.  There was one little girl that I knew of that was very excited, yet very nervous at the same time!
  


 I had to do some serious bribing to get THIS one on his lap!!  We're starting to hit the "I'm too old" stage!  But don't let him fool you, he still 100%, whole-heartily believes!

 Christmas in Texas was great.  We are so very blessed!!

No comments: