The other night, we had a children's social with the Alliance that I am a part of through Jason's work. It's basically an alliance of wives (and a few husbands) of residents. This year, a local business called Practically Picasso came and we were able to decorate a few Christmas plates.
Kamryn all dressed up and ready to go...
I didn't have the boys wear the clothes they were going to wear for their Santa picture because I wasn't very hopeful that they would be able to keep the paint off of them!
They also wore a couple of Jason's old t-shirts over their clothes to help with mess control. It turns out we really didn't even need them.
The older two boys did most of the painting... Gaven wasn't really even interested in doing much... he DID help with a couple things, but for the most part, he was content watching his brothers.
Luckily Jason hadn't been called in yet and was able to spend some time there with us... and take care of Kammy!
They were both SO proud of their work! I thought they did a might fine job, too!
We all had a really great time...
Unfortunately, right at the end (7pm) Jason got called over to the hospital. We had only taken one car and he thought that it would be a short procedure, so the kids and I headed over to the nearest McDonald's to let the kids play... however, the play place was shut down due to some water leakage... so Plan B was to head to Sam's Club and kill some time. It had been a long day (The kid's school in the morning for the Christmas Blessing, Braeden's mini-birthday party at our house and then this) and we were more than ready to head home when Jason was finally done at 8:45pm.

No comments:
Post a Comment