Sunday, December 4, 2011

We are thankful for...

This year, Thanksgiving was Jason's "holiday" to work or be on-call.  We took advantage of the time that he was gone to write some things that we were thankful for. There was a mixture of writing and drawing, but I think what we learned most from doing this was that not even an extra large sheet of paper can hold all the things that we are thankful for.

I love as we sit down for Thanksgiving dinner and pass the M&M's (this year olives since Mom forgot the M&M's at the store - oops!) to listen to the things that my children come up with.  Braeden was thankful for sports, friends, Holy places and heroes.  Carsen was thankful for sports, his baby sister, his dad's job and the stuffing, and Gaven was thankful for everything his brother's said.


Jason and I were, and continue to be, very thankful that he has secured a fellowship position for the 2013-2014 academic year as a Breast Imaging Fellow in Dallas.  This was a huge load lifted off our shoulders.


After dinner and before Jason got called back in, we headed with some friends to one of the local gymnastics places that one of my friends works at to play and have some pie with them.  Thanks so much, Shauni, for inviting us... it was the perfect end to a great day!  We are definitely thankful for our wonderful friends!!


Gaven heading down the "runway"


Trying to capture Carsen as he zooms by


Carsen tried and tried all night long to clear this stack of blocks in one big leap.  He came close a couple times, but never quite made it over without touching them.  Okay, so I don't think he ever really came close, but I could tell that he got better after working on it all night long.



I think this is one of the only pictures that I have Braeden in, so I put it in there just to show that he was there, too.


I love this picture of my friends' little girl!


I mentioned to my friend Janene that I was trying to get some action shots... Her response: "I'll give you an action shot!"  Gotta love it!  Great form AND great hair!!


Gaven's preschool had a little Thanksgiving performance for the parents and then we had lunch with them.  It was cute to see all the little kiddos with their pilgrim hats on singing away!

No comments: