It was so great to be able to get together with two of my friends from high school who were also my soccer teammates for years. They are two of the coolest sisters you'll meet and I feel blessed to call them my good friends! We've known each other for years... as a matter of fact when Hillz (far right) and I played club soccer at just 6 or 7 years old, we were introduced when she took my muddy soccer cleat to the mouth. What a way to start off a friendship, eh?! We soon learned it was much better to be on the SAME team. LOVE these girls!

We had to get a picture of the kiddos... From left to right, Hillary's two girls Hadley and Mayson, Carsen, Ashley's little boy Keoni, Kamryn, Braeden and Gaven
It was Gaven's 4th birthday and Grandma and Papa's 37th Wedding Anniversary on Wednesday the 28th, so after visiting with friends, we headed out to Mongolian Grill for dinner. The boys weren't big fans of the food (they are crazy!!), but for Gaven, the most exciting part was opening a few gifts after dinner. (The rest of his gifts we saved for Thursday when we would be with Jason's mom and sister)
I have to start by telling a little story. Back when Gaven had just turned 3, he asked me for some gum. I really didn't want to give him any because I didn't trust that he could keep it in his mouth and not leave it somewhere around the house for me to find later. So, we told him that the rule in our house was that you couldn't have gum until you were 4. To our surprise, he willingly accepted that answer. Any time that the other boys would have gum, we would just tell him, "Not until you are 4." The fact that he took it so well was really cute and it became something to look forward to when he turned 4. There were even times when someone else would offer him gum and he would just politely decline saying, "I can't have gum until I'm 4!"
Just within the last few months, when you would ask him how old he was, he would tell you, "I'm 3 and when I'm 4, I get gum." Or if asked what happens when he turns 4, he would say, "I get gum!" So here he is opening his first gift... He had to smell it first!
The priceless face!
He didn't even want to let go to open the other presents!
Look, Mom, I'm 4!!!!
Happy Birthday, Roo, Roo! We love you and the simple things that make you happy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment