"He came... He really came!"
We told the boys they couldn't get up until the clock said at least 6:30. At 6:30 exactly, Carsen came into our room and told us it was time. Grandma and Papa came out, too, to see if Santa had come. The boys ran down the hall and straight to the kitchen to see if he had eaten his goodies. Sure enough, he LOVED the pumpkin bar and drank all his milk. The boys stood there for a while with smiles on their faces and I had to say, "Did he bring you anything." They all responded, "Oh ya!" As if they had forgotten that part of it and ran into the living room to check. Sure enough, the big guy had been there!
Since Jason and I didn't want to pack a whole bunch of smaller gifts to go to WA, we decided that for a big family gift, we would give the kids a trip to LegoLand in Dallas. I built the word "LEGOLAND" with Lego's and the boys went on a scavenger hunt through the house to find all the letters they needed. I don't know who had more fun, the boys or Papa, who you can see following them in this next picture!
The scavenger hunt was a big hit... and finally they had all their pieces.
Braeden looked at it for maybe 3 seconds...
I didn't even really have a time to take a picture of him organizing them to spell LegoLand. They soon realized what their present was. They have been asking to go there for over a year now.
Who needs LegoLand or any other present for that matter!!
We opened all our family gifts that morning since Jason had to head back to TX at 2:45pm. We opened gifts with my side of the family after that and then everyone came over for a yummy dinner.
The shirt I made for Kamryn... sleepy eyes and all!!
Once again, everyone had a great time and it was wonderful to be back with our families again for Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment