The kids had Monday off and we'd heard good things about the Fort Worth Zoo, so we decided to head over and check it out.
This was probably one of the sweetest scenes we saw all day!
We sat and watched this guy play with the water for a few minutes... he was splashing around and I almost had the boys convinced that he was going to get them wet!
We were lucky enough to visit at a time when they had 2 baby elephants!
This is one of the babies who is actually the aunt of the other baby. They have 3 generations at the zoo right now. This baby is the sister of the elephant who had the other baby (full blood - same fathers).
This giraffe having to spread its legs to eat the grass was cracking the kids up!
My handsome baby boy
I love that the boys always took the time to make sure Kamryn could see, too.
This is a picture from above of what they were looking at in the top picture.
Lunch Break
A VERY LARGE snake!
I love her reflection in this one!
My hard work is paying off... Maybe he'll turn out to be a gentleman after all!
This was one of our favorite parts! They sold little popsicle sticks that had bird seed stuck to them so you could feed the birds.
Braeden has a naturalness about him when it comes to animals. He loves animals and he's very good with them.
Gaven tried and tried to get a bird to land on his stick, but they wouldn't.
Big brother to the rescue!
This next sequence of pictures cracks me up. There were a yellow bird and a blue bird that were fighting over Braeden's stick. Finally the yellow one landed on it...
Then all of a sudden, the blue one landed on the stick, too!
It fought with the yellow one and then the yellow one flew away. Braeden thought it was the most hilarious thing in the world!
The last thing we did was ride the train back to the front of the zoo.
Gaven told me, "Mom, I've never ridden a train before, so I'm really excited. But I'm also kinda nervous, too!" What an honest little guy!
Kammy was showing me her mad face. It wasn't until I got home that I noticed Gaven in this picture.
There was a bell and the train started...
Gaven's facial expressions did NOT disappoint!
Totally trying to play it cool here...
Then Braeden made him read the sign as we were entering the tunnel, it said, "Caution: Danger Ahead!"
Did you like the train, Gaven?
We had a GREAT time at the zoo! I would recommend it to anyone!











































No comments:
Post a Comment