One of my long-time best friends and his wife Holly just bought a new house on the lake and invited us to come spend the weekend with them. We love hanging out with the Reynolds, and our boys LOVE their boys! Kammy likes Mick, too.
(L to R: Luke, Carsen, Braeden, Brock, Kamryn and Mick)
Right when we arrived, Luke found a huge toad, so we had to get a picture.
We woke up to a fabulous breakfast from Holly
Then the boys took off down to the water to... do whatever it is that boys do...
Oh ya, catch frogs!
The gorgeous view from their back yard!
Josh and Jason getting the brisket started in the smoker.
Can I go down with the boys, mom?
Of course!
Ummm... ya got somethin' on your nose!
Awwwwww!!
I don't remember what was so funny, I just remember that it was!
The boys came running up to show me they caught a baby duck! Don't worry, after I took the picture, I made them let it go!
These two were a riot... lost in conversation about something! Maybe it was politics, maybe they were just discussing their future. Whatever it was, it sure looked important!
Saturday the 17th was Carsen's 8th birthday. He couldn't think of a better way to spend it!
Carsen is definitely a cuddler! I thought it was so sweet how he just hopped up with Josh! Josh was very sweet in return!
Homemade snow cones!
Luke and Carsen just chillin. These two might be trouble in another 8 years!
We finally headed out on the boat. Braeden was the first to call dibs on the jet ski with JoJo (Josh's mom).
It was extremely hot out! Especially as Kammy was sitting in the back of the boat with Jason, getting cooked, while waiting for everyone to get loaded. She was NOT a happy camper!
Josh at the wheel
Now that there's a breeze because we are moving, that's more like it!
Carsen's turn with JoJo
We found a shallow spot in the lake and we all got out to cool off.
Braeden was the first to give the tube a go... unfortunately their good tube blew away a few days earlier and we had to rig this old one to even give it a shot.
Braeden had a blast. I have a video of him and after a while, he crosses his arms as if to say, "Is that all you got?" Jason and I both tell Josh, "Dump him!" Sure enough, not more than 5 seconds later he bites it!
Kammy's turn with JoJo - she LOVED it!
Carsen giving the tube a try. At this point, the tube was hurting pretty bad!
Carsen had this half concerned, half scared look the whole ride and eventually gave us the "cut" sign. We'll have to work on him!
We had an absolute blast and can't wait until we get together again for our next adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment